Dr. Michele G. Hackney
Dr. Hackney joined the Scott & White College of Nursing at UMHB in 2010. Her professional experience includes over 25 years as a psychiatric-mental health and maternal-child nurse. She is certified as an academic nurse educator by the National League for Nursing.
Dr. Hackney is a member of Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society of Education and served as Alpha Eta Gamma chapter president from 2014-16. She is also a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Nurses Christian Fellowship, and the National League for Nursing. She has presented at state and national conferences and has publications in both national and international nursing journals. Dr. Hackney's Ed.D. from UMHB included a specialization in Leadership in Nursing Education Administration. Her dissertation research investigated the relationship between nursing students' intrinsic motivation and performance on the licensure examination. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for Christian Farms Treehouse, a residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. She is an active member of Hill Country Bible Church - Pflugerville, where she serves in Children's Ministry. She has facilitated prayer workshops at UMHB chapel and various women's retreats in the Austin area.
- Hackney, M. G. (2017). Nursing students' intrinsic motivation and performance on the licensure examination. Nurse Educator, 42(4), 186-190. doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000349
- Hackney, M. G. (2016). Purpose or Paycheck? Journal of Christian Nursing, 33(4), 251. doi:10.1097/CNJ.000000000000310
- Booth, T. L., Emerson, C. J., Hackney, M. G., & Souter, S. (2016). Preparation of academic nurse educators. Nurse Education in Practice, 19, 54-57. doi:10.1016/j.nepr2016.04.006
- Hackney, M. G. (2016). The relationship between nursing students’ intrinsic motivation and performance on the licensure examination: A correlational study (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from Townsend Memorial Library, University of Mary Hardin- Baylor, Dissertation Collection. http://umhblibrary.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16668coll9/id/2845
- Dissertation title: The Relationship between Nursing Students' Intrinsic Motivation and Performance on the Licensure Examination http://umhblibrary.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16668coll9/id/2845
- Interprofessional education
- Teaching/learning strategies
- Preparation of academic nurse educators